INTERNSHIPS - NEW YORK / LOS ANGELES
OVERVIEW: AURELIA + ICARUS offers an exciting and challenging internship opportunity for students seeking experience in marketing, fashion PR, product development, writing, styling, inventory management, merchandising, creative, and graphics.
NOTE: We treat our interns like human beings, and we ensure that they gain experience with REAL projects and earn REAL professional skills. They are valued and made to feel like an integral part of a fantastic, growing team.
Fashion PR Intern
This unpaid internship is an excellent opportunity for college students and recent graduates seeking hands-on experience in the Fashion and Entertainment industry.
Our primary goal is to reach maximum exposure through strategic placements with a focus on celebrity and editorial.
We are mostly interested in finding someone with a strong desire to work in the cutting edge world of fashion and contemporary culture, who is also diligent, hardworking, presentable, and fashion, art and music savvy.
Some responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in creating and developing PR lists, influencer and media contacts
- Sending out pitches to media outlets and influencers
- Creatively explores trends and opportunities for compelling story telling moments
- Helping to create written materials, lookbooks
- Occasional sample trafficking and pick up/drop off
- Press, social and VIP clippings and reports
- Monitoring print and digital press for clips daily
- Assist onsite with events
- Creative brainstorming
- File & Track stylist celebrity and editorial inventory pulls/returns
- Pack all deliveries for pull requests & unpack all returns
- Handle administrative tasks such as filing, running errands, packing and shipping items, sorting inventory etc
- Building a portfolio to move on to the next level of your career. Interns will be provided college credit, letter of recommendation, portfolio of credited work.
- Our internships are flexible and can be geared towards the experience you are looking for (within the realms of our normal work).
Candidates must have excellent multitasking skills, pay close attention to detail with good oral/written skills. Complete tasks in a timely manner and above all, have a strong desire for gaining experience in the industry. Interns must have a laptop to bring to the office if not remote.
PR experience in a similar internship is a plus but not essential.
- Strong interest in fashion/entertainment.
- Excel at working both independently and collaboratively
- Learns quickly, has a head for problem solving.
- Comfortable working with Macs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- A positive attitude with good organizational, presentation and writing skills
- Monday to Friday (flexible)
- On call, remote or in office/studio
- Weekly Zoom call if remote
Please INCLUDE the following information in your application:
- Your Full Name
- Phone Number and email address
- The date you are able to start the internship
- The days and times you are available every week
- If remote or can come to office/studio or combination
To apply for this position, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in subject line.