Store your jewelry in a dry, airtight container and keep them away from any water/moisture, perfume, liquid, moisturizers etc or any other substance that may cause damage to it. Clean product with a dry soft, lint-fee cloth. Never add water to it!
We highly recommend you remove your jewelry when doing the following activities to avoid them from getting damaged:
- Showering, bathing or washing your hands.
- Exercising (the salt in your sweat affects the plating)
- Applying perfumes, lotions, oils, hairspray etc.
- Swimming (chlorine can often have a negative effect on plating over time)
- Cleaning - especially with harsh chemicals
- Changing clothes
It is completely natural for Sterling silver to oxidize/patina over time. Regularly polishing with silver jewelry cleaner can delay this.
Following these practices helps to prolong a longer life-span of your lovely pieces.