INTERNSHIPS - NEW YORK
OVERVIEW: AURELIA + ICARUS offers an exciting and challenging internship opportunity for students seeking experience in marketing, fashion PR, product development, writing, styling, inventory management, merchandising, creative, and graphics.
NOTE: We treat our interns like human beings, and we ensure that they gain experience with REAL projects and earn REAL professional skills. They are valued and made to feel like an integral part of a fantastic, growing team.
Social Media Intern
This internship is designed primarily for college students and new college grads seeking experience in social media and marketing.
Interns will have the opportunity to learn about social media and marketing. This unpaid internship offers an excellent overview of sample duties of a social media coordinator. From assisting with copyrighting of captions, to selection of photographs and to convey the AURELIA + ICARUS (AI) message, the internship offers a diverse array of educational opportunities.
All candidates should possess excellent writing skills and a profound passion for fashion and media. Graphic Design students and New York City-based Photographers are encouraged to apply.
Progress toward a B.A. or M.A. in English, Mass Communication, Marketing and or Public Relations are preferred; we also welcome applicants pursuing undergraduate or graduate studies in creative writing, journalism and communications.
- Market research data
- Copywriting for marketing / blog / social media posts
- Participate in research and development of influencer campaigns and partnerships
- Research appropriate digital events to cross promote branding through participation / cross promotion
- Assist in creative and market research to support the AURELIA + ICARUS brand identity.
- Background in fashion design, graphic design, photography preferred.
- Must be proficient on social media platforms. Comfortable thinking visually; exceptional research and communication skills.
- Assist w/ Events Planning
- Assist with Social Media Posts & PhotoShoots
- Communicate w/ Press regarding collection
- Brand Campaign Projects
- Proficient in basic photo editing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi task & work under tight deadlines.
- Strong Organizational Skills.
- Building a portfolio to move on to the next level of your career. Interns will be provided college credit, letter of recommendation, portfolio of credited work.
- Our internships are flexible and can be geared towards the experience you are looking for (within the realms of our normal work).
- Remote or Work from office or combination
- Flexible schedule
- 15 Hours per week (flexible)
- Weekly Zoom call if remote
- Three Months (Approx. 90 Days)
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
- BA or Master’s students; Recent university graduates.
- Social Media Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Strong interest in fashion.
- Demonstrated interest in the department to which you are applying.
- Learns quickly, has a head for problem solving.
- Must be comfortable working with Macs and Microsoft Office.
Please INCLUDE the following information in your application:
- Your Full Name
- Phone Number and email address
- The date you are able to start the internship
- The days and times you are available every week
- If remote or can come to office/studio or combination
To apply for this position, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with job title in subject line.